Tuesday, May 19, 2009

To God Be the Glory!

Unbelievable!
Throughout this adoption process we have seen the hand of God so clearly that it takes my breathe away!
Time and time again He has shown Himself in ways that bring us absolute joy and awe that He is deeply involved in every aspect of our lives and that He truly cares for us.

The most recent picture of His work unfolded this weekend.  Ever since receiving the video of Hope, we have wanted to thank Andy Ish.  We have no contact info. for him- and even my attempt to locate him through a google search brought no results.

Then on Friday, I ran into our neighbor, Beth.  We have known each other for years, used to go to story time together and still run into each other consistently.  She asked how the adoption was going, and then she told me her sister had just returned home from adopting twins . . .My brain immediately heard the video clip when Andy said he was in Ethiopia with his sister who was getting twins.  Out of my mouth came "your brother isn't Andy Ish is he?"

Beth was shocked and said Andy was her brother, and wondered how I knew that- what a story I had to tell her!  

Only God could be so creative!  To orchestrate all those circumstances and have the man that held our sweet baby be our neighbor' s brother- WOW!  The really fun part is we were able to talk to Andy, he called last night and both Jason and I were able to speak with him.  What a gift!!!  

5 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to talk to him! How sweet! I am sooooooo excited! More excited about your trip than mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I love hearing stories like that!!


    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get teary every time I look at this site. How amazing that God led you to your friend who is the sister of the very guy you are looking for! Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying as often as God reminds me. I cannot wait to meet Hope, as she is so clearly the miracle girl that God has sent to your family.
    grace, grace, and abounding JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's TOO coincedental to be anything but GOD Himself! i have chills all running all over my body! :) how fun that those sweet twins will come and visit their aunt, your neighbor, and get to play again with Hope and her new brothers and sisters! :) love it! praying that these next days will be peaceful as you pack and prepare for travel. we love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is so consistently faithful and amazing, yet I am still so unbelieving sometimes! I'm praying for you and can't wait to hear about the amazing things God does through this trip to meet your new daughter!

    ReplyDelete